Joint Tec Brush In Compound Buff Sand 15kg
Joint Tec is ready to use, brush-in, pavement jointing compound. A quick and simple alternative to grout for landscaping projects. Suitable for pavement slabs, flags, natural stone, cobbles, and setts. The brush-in paving compound is water permeable, sets hard, and doesn't wash out. Best for joints with a minimum depth of 20mm and 5mm wide. Apply in all weather conditions, even in the rain.
- Prep joints - ensure joints are clean, free from debris
- Wet area - thoroughly saturate with water prior to spreading Joint Tec. On a dry day keep re wetting the area if it is drying out.
- Apply product - pour Joint Tec onto areas to be pointed. Use in small manageable amounts.
- Work into joints – use a stiff brush or squeegee brush Joint Tec into all joints, ensuring all joints are filled and compacted.
- Wash continuously - hose on sprinkle, add more water to help residual compound flow into the joints of the paving and to aid the final compaction process.
- Final wash and clean - gently spray the surface to wash off any Joint Tec residue. Sweep with a clean brush diagonally across joint to remove any loose grains.
- Smooth joints - ‘strike’ or ‘point’ the surface of the joints with a suitable pointing tool.
For best results:
- Ensure site is free draining
- Paved area should have a slight fall for drainage purposes
- Bedding and sub-base should be permeable
- Where a mortar bedding is used it should be no stronger than 6 parts sand to 1 part cement
- Some natural stone materials, due to their porous nature are more susceptible to staining, continuously use water during the process to avoid
- Carry out a small sample to ensure you are happy with the colour of the product
- Store in cool dry conditions, once opened use within 1 hour or store in bucket immersed in water for up to 1 month
- In lower temperatures it will take longer to harden. In warm and dry conditions curing will take approx. 18 to 24 hours
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.